Top ten search tips
Having difficulty finding the information you need?
Please see the search tips below that may help you improve your search results.
- Try to avoid using common words in isolation. For example, searching for "management" will return over 113,000 journal articles and over 330,000 abstracts & reviews. Use more than one word if possible.
- The search results are divided into different types of content. Each type of content has its own results list
Simply select the type of content you wish to view.
- Tick the "Phrase" box when searching for a phrase or expression. For example, searching for "change" and "management" returns over 68,000 journal articles but only 6,054 of these contain the phrase "change management"
- To limit your advanced search to a particular era, select a start and end year from the boxes to the right of "Items published between".
- If you do not think that the results will meet your needs, 'Modify search' returns you to the search page where you can amend your original search criteria.
- Use the "Search in results" field to refine your search even further by searching within the current results list.
- Click the "My subscribed content" radio button to limit your search to only return results from Journals, Books and Bibliographic Database content that your institution subscribes to.
- Click "Preview" to view the abstract of any journal article, book chapter or case study in your search results listing.
- Use the 'Your Profile’'facilities to set up marked lists, alerts, saved searches and newsletters. Your profile help
- Click to see all the search options available. Search help
If you cannot find the help you need in this section, please do not hesitate to contact Emerald Customer Support. Please view our Customer Service Charter - this page includes our contact details and service levels.