Downloads: The fulltext of this document has been downloaded 670 times since 2011
Article citation: , (2011) "Special announcements", Kybernetes, Vol. 40 Iss: 3/4, pp. -
Article Type: Special announcements From: Kybernetes, Volume 40, Issue 3/4
The 15th WOSC International Congress on Cybernetics and SystemsHeld jointly with 2011 IEEE International Conference on Grey Systems and Intelligent ServicesNanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Nanjing, China, September 15-18, 2011Web site: http://wosc-congress.nuaa.edu.cn
- WOSC – The World Organisation of Systems and Cybernetics.
- Grey Systems Society of Chins, CSOOPEM.
- College of Economics and Management, The Institute for Grey Systems Studies, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Nanjing, China.
- Artificial intelligence.
- Behavioural sciences.
- Biological and medical cybernetics.
- Complex systems.
- Cognition, action and systems.
- Control theory and engineering.
- Cybernetics and art.
- Economics and cybernetics.
- Dynamical systems.
- Ecology and systems.
- Education and systems.
- Fuzzy systems.
- Mathematical and general theory of systems.
- Grey systems.
- History of cybernetics and systems.
- Information and systems.
- Organisational cybernetics.
- Machine consciousness.
- Management and systems.
- Social cybernetics.
- System analysis.
- Data mining and processing.
- Systems modelling and simulation.
- Forecasting and decision making.
- Control system theory and applications.
- Uncertain systems.
- Business process management and re-engineering.
- Global manufacturing, supply chain, and logistics.
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Service and services delivery networks.
- Service sciences, management, and engineering.
- Emergency and risk management.
- Technical innovation management.
- Other relevant topics.
- 20 March 2011 – deadline for submission of proposal for special sessions*.
- 20 April 2011 – deadline for submission of full papers.
- 20 June 2011 – acceptance/rejection notification.
- 20 July 2011 – final camera-ready papers due in electronic form and congress fee.
Address for submission
- Authors are requested to submit their full texts electronically as a PDF by following the link instructions at the congress home page:http://firstname.lastname@example.org
- E-mail submission is also possible at: email@example.com
- This is a new deadline, but please contact the organisers for more details.
Extended versions of selected papers will be published in Kybernetes (the official journal of the World Organisation of Systems and Cybernetics). The editors of the journal will take the final decisions on the publications after the papers have undergone the reviewing procedure.
Call for participation
COMPSAC & SAINT 2011
Munich, Germany, July 18-22, 2011
The 35th International Conference on Computer Software and Applications – COMPSAC 2011
The 11th International Symposium on Applications and the Internet – SAINT 2011
Leading scientists in image processing from around the world will attend
ICIP 2011 is supported by INRIA
ICIP 2011 – The 18th IEEE International Conference on Image Processing
Brussels, September 11-14, 2011
The 18th IEEE International Conference on Image Processing is the best opportunity to present their technological advances and research results in the fields of theoretical, experimental, and applied image and video processing.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Image/video coding and transmission. Still image coding, video coding, stereoscopic and 3D coding, distributed source coding, and image/video transmission over wireless networks.
- Image/video processing. Image filtering, restoration and enhancement, image segmentation, video segmentation and tracking, morphological processing, stereoscopic and 3D processing, feature extraction and analysis, interpolation and super-resolution, motion detection and estimation, implementation and systems.
- Image formation. Biomedical imaging, remote sensing, geophysical and seismic imaging, optimal imaging, and synthetic-natural hybrid image systems.
- Image scanning, display, and printing. Scanning and sampling, quantization and halftoning, color reproduction, image representation and rendering, display and printing systems, and image quality assessment.
- Image/video storage, retrieval, and authentication. Image and video databases, image indexing and retrieval, video indexing, retrieval and editing, multimodality image/video indexing and retrieval, authentication and watermarking.
- Applications. Biomedical sciences, geosciences and remote sensing, document image processing and analysis, and other applications.
Special themes for ICIP 2011:
- Cultural heritage.
- Human media interaction.
More information: www.icip2011.org
SAFECOMP 2011 – 30th International Conference on Computer Safety,
Reliability and Security
Naples, Italy, September 19-21, 2011
Key theme 2011: safety and security of computer-based systems and infrastructures: from risk assessment to threat mitigation.
SAFECOMP is an annual event covering the state-of-the-art, experience and new trends in the areas of safety, security, and reliability of critical computer applications. SAFECOMP provides ample opportunity to exchange insights and experiences on emerging methods, approaches, and practical solutions. It is a one-stream conference without parallel sessions, allowing easy networking.
ERCIM and the ERCIM Working Group on Dependable Embedded Software-Intensive Systems are scientific co-sponsor of SAFECOMP 2011 and plan to organise again a Workshop on “Dependable Embedded Systems” as at the last SAFECOMPs (workshop Chairs: Erwin Schoitsch, and Amund Skavhaug).
More information: www.safecomp2011.unina.it
Scope of the conference
Papers are invited in application and industrial sectors, as well as research areas. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Application and industrial sectors. Control, networking and telecommunication, railways, robotics and autonomous systems in general, medical devices and systems, e-health, off-shore technology, ship building, power systems, critical infrastructures, security of safety-critical systems, safety guidelines and standards, education and training. Especially, papers on industrial experience and practice are encouraged.
- Research areas. Safety and security risk assessment, design for dependability, diversity, fault tolerance, verification and validation, testing, qualification and certification, modelling and simulation, human factors, dependability analysis, networked (distributed) embedded systems, safety-critical computer systems, resilient (robust) systems, physical and cyber threats, vulnerability analysis, dependency and interdependency modelling and metrication, and cascading effects.