Note from the publisher
Downloads: The fulltext of this document has been downloaded 376 times since 2008
Article citation: Vicky Williams, (2008) "Note from the publisher", International Journal of Workplace Health Management, Vol. 1 Iss: 3, pp. -
Article Type: Note from the publisher From: International Journal of Workplace Health Management, Volume 1, Issue 3
As you may be aware, Emerald Group Publishing Limited has recently acquired a large proportion of Elsevier’s Social Science book series and text/reference book publishing programme. Over 200 book series and almost 300 books have been added to the Emerald portfolio.
This acquisition is one of the most significant in Emerald’s history, and strengthens our presence in many subject fields, readily complementing a number of titles in our existing portfolio. We also welcome the fact that the acquisition takes us into new and exciting areas of research and practice, including Sociology and Politics and Policy, to name a few, and we are looking forward to contributing to the ongoing successful development of all titles.
Some titles that you may already be familiar with include:
- Advances in Health Care Management;
- Advances in Librarianship;
- Advances in Mergers and Acquisitions;
- Advances in Strategic Management;
- Contributions to Economic Analysis;
- Handbooks in Information Systems;
- Progress in International Business;
- Research in Finance;
- Research in Multi-level Issues;
- Research in Personnel and Human Resources Management;
- Research in the Sociology of Work;
- Studies in the Development of Accounting Thought;
- Studies in Law, Politics and Society; and
- Technology, Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Competitive Strategy.
Information about the range of titles acquired can be found at: http://info.emeraldinsight.com/products/series/index.htm
There are a number of ways in which existing Emerald Editors and contributors can get involved with this publishing programme in the future:
- Proposing a new volume within an existing book series. The majority of our book series publish at least one volume every year, and we welcome speculative proposals from potential volume editors. Please take a look at the range of book series we publish, and submit your proposal to the relevant Commissioning Editor (below).
- Proposing a new book series. As with Emerald’s new journal launch programme, we also welcome proposals for brand new book series within our specialist subject fields.
- Proposing a professional reference book. Emerald has acquired a diverse and thriving book programme, and is looking to build on this success. We would encourage any proposals for new reference books to be discussed with the relevant Commissioning Editor in the first instance.
We look forward to talking to you about these opportunities. Please contact one of the Commissioning Editors below for more information:
- Sarah Kennedy (firstname.lastname@example.org): Accounting and Finance, Business Law and Ethics, Politics and Policy.
- Rachel Brown (email@example.com): Enterprise and Innovation, Environment, Language and Linguistics, Management Studies, Organization Studies, Psychology, Strategy.
- Claire Ferres (firstname.lastname@example.org): Health Care, Industry and Public Sector Management, International Business, Marketing, Operations and Logistics, Sociology and Anthropology, Tourism and Hospitality.
- Diane Heath (email@example.com): Economics, Education, Human Resource Management, Information and Knowledge Management, Library and Information Studies.
Forthcoming from Emerald
New titles to be published by Emerald in 2008 include:
- International Business Scholarship: AIB Fellows on the First 50 Years and Beyond, Research in Global Strategic Management, Volume 14, edited by Boddewyn.
- Patient Safety in Health Care Management, Advances in Health Care Management, Volume 7, edited by Savage and Ford.
- Hidden Hands in the Market: Ethnographies of Fair Trade, Ethical Consumption and Corporate Social Responsibility, Research in Economic Anthropology, Volume 28, edited by Wood, Pratt, Luetchford and De Neve.
- War, Peace and Security, Contributions to Conflict Management, Peace Economics and Development, Volume 6, edited by Fontanel.
- Diversity and Groups, Research on Managing Groups and Teams, Volume 11, edited by Phillips.
- The Long Work Hours Culture: Causes, Consequences and Choices, by Cooper and Burke.
- Building Blocks for Sustainable Transport, by Perrels.
- Psychology of Time, by Grondin.
The Emerald Bookstore was launched in June 2008. This new facility allows visitors to browse through over 2,000 books by subject area and to order securely online at http://books.emeraldinsight.com
Please take a look and let us know what you think!
If you have any questions or comments about the acquisition, we would be pleased to hear from you.
Head of Publishing Development, Emerald Group Publishing Limited.E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org