Emerald books news
Call for papers - Advances in Environmental Accounting and Management
The journal has three main objectives. First, it enhances understanding of global environmental issues, especially valuation and disclosure of environmental impacts of firms’ activities. Second, it makes management, investors and other stakeholders aware of the financial and economic consequences of our failure to address the environmental issues. Third, it encourages management to improve the firm’s environmental performance and disclosures.
Any environmental-related topic
- to increase public and management awareness of global concerns of on environmental pollution
- to encourage accountants to develop a system that incorporates environmental impacts into the financial and managerial accounting models
- to encourage management to improve environmental performance
- to encourage management to disclose more reliable pollution-related information so that outsiders are fully informed about firm’s environmental activities and their impact on the firm’s economic performance.
- to enable regulators to evaluate firm’s environmental performance
- to enable regulators to develop appropriate regulations to improve firms’ environmental performance.
- Academic accountants, especially those involved in environmental and social accounting, public interest and behavioural accounting
- Government accountants and policy-makers
- Accounting practitioners, especially those concerned with the environment, disclosure and liabilities
- Academics in management, finance and public policy concerned with social and environmental issues
We encourage researchers and practitioners to submit papers on any environmental issue, which can be based on theoretical and empirical research. We also welcome papers on conceptual arguments and models as well as on descriptive models. Coverage includes, but is not limited to the following issues:
- Environmental Accounting
- Social/Environmental/Sustainability Disclosures
- Environmental Management
- Social Investing
- Global Warming and Accounting
- Environmental Liabilities
The Editorial Team
Bikki Jaggi - firstname.lastname@example.org
Martin Freedman - email@example.com
Juliet Harrison - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to propose a volume for Advances in Environmental Accounting and Management, please contact Bikki Jaggi (email@example.com) or Martin Freedman (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For volume proposal forms please contact Juliet Harrison (email@example.com).