Full text online
Content: Table of Contents | Latest Issue RSS
Information: Journal information | Editorial Team | Author Guidelines
Other: Sample articles | Events | Sponsored Links | Recommend this journal
The Journal of Cultural Heritage Management and Sustainable Development (JCHMSD) stimulates and encourages research devoted to the sustainable development of cultural heritage and to the positive contribution of cultural heritage management towards a sustainable environment.
JCHMSD develops the skills and knowledge of the international community working in the field of cultural heritage and sustainable development. It disseminates the results of innovative research and practices, contributing to the improvement of current practices while developing and applying new/emerging practices.
• A range of theoretical and practical papers based upon quantitative and qualitative methodological approaches.
• Articles are particularly welcome on immovable cultural heritage and its role in sustainable development, as well as the sustainable development of immovable cultural heritage. Immovable cultural heritage ranges from cultural landscapes to monuments. Other relevant dimensions of cultural heritage will also be considered for publication e.g. rural cultural heritage, indigenous cultural heritage management.
The coverage of the journal includes, but is not limited to:
• Cultural heritage – assessment, management, marketing and publicity, tangible and intangible dimensions
• Sustainable development – preservation, conservation, restoration, rehabilitation, reconstruction, demolition, best practices, unsustainable development and consequent threats e.g. urban developments, large-scale agriculture, mining activity
• Cultural heritage and sustainable development – legislation, Cultural Heritage Impact Assessment, effects of climate change, ecological sustainability, social sustainability, economic sustainability
• The role of research and scholarship
• Teaching & curriculum development
• JCHMSD is the only journal linking cultural heritage management with sustainable development
• JCHMSD is the source of knowledge for the community of academics, practitioners, policy makers and students involved in the field of cultural heritage and sustainable development
• JCHMSD joins a large and varied community involved in cultural heritage and sustainable development (built environment, tourism, sustainability fields)
• JCHMSD is international: the challenging tasks of managing cultural heritage while aiming for sustainable development and managing sustainability while redeveloping cultural heritage are on all countries’ agenda.
• Academics and practitioners in the emerging field of cultural heritage and sustainable development
• Academics and practitioners in the fields of heritage, conservation, environment, urban planning, rural architecture, building surveying, place management, tourism
• Policy makers
• National, regional and local government officials.
Journal of Cultural Heritage Management and Sustainable Development is available as part of an online subscription to the Emerald Property Management & Built Environment eJournals Collection. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Emerald Property Management & Built Environment eJournals Collection page.
This journal is a member of and subscribes to the
principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics.