The Journal of Chinese Human Resource Management (JCHRM) is the first journal to cater for a steadily-increasing number of researchers, practitioners and University lecturers focusing on a crucial field: the management of one fifth of the world’s workforce in China and the surrounding regions of Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan.
JCHRM comes at a time when Chinese Human Resource Management theory, research and practices have global implications. JCHRM publishes peer reviewed content on Human Resource Management in Chinese companies in China and overseas, as well as studies on international MNCs operating in China.
Through the publication of the latest findings in the field, JCHRM contributes to the promotion and development of efficient, effective and fulfilled workforces and to the enhancement of firm performance.
JCHRM focuses on:
- HRM in Chinese companies in China
- HRM in Chinese companies overseas
- HRM in international MNCs doing business in China, including comparative studies involving practices in other parts of the world
Key research areas covered in the journal:
- Labour legislation and labour relations
- Cross-cultural HRM
- Professionalization of HRM
- Compensation systems and remuneration schemes
- HRM in a transitional economy
- HRM and leadership
- HRM in foreign-invested enterprises
- Job analysis and job design
- Recruitment and selection
- Performance management
- Training and career development
- Human resource planning
- Gender in HRM
- HRM in the private- and state-owned sectors
- HRM policy-making
- Electronic HRM
- HRM is SMEs
- Strategic HRM
- HRM education and curriculum design
- JCHRM allows comprehensive and thorough analysis of HRM from three facets: theory, practice and pedagogy.
- JCHRM provides researchers, lecturers, practitioners, policy-makers and post-graduate students interested in human resource management in Chinese contexts with a forum for intellectual exchange.
- Interest in human resource management and development is on the increase in China. JCHRM is the first journal to offer a forum for the HR academics and practitioners in this field.
- The journal is edited by very well-respected and well-networked figures in Chinese HRM.
- JCHRM allows comprehensive and thorough analyses of HRM in China from three facets: theory, practice and pedagogy.
Key Journal Audiences
- HRM researchers
- HR managers and personnel officials
- HRM lecturers
- HRM under- and post-graduate students
- MBA/EMBA students
JCHRM is abstracted and indexed in:
- Cabell's Directories of Publishing Opportunities
- ABI Inform
Journal of Chinese Human Resource Management is available as part of an online subscription to the Emerald HR, Learning & Organizational Studies eJournals Collection. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Emerald HR, Learning & Organizational Studies eJournals Collection page.
This journal is a member of and subscribes to the
principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics.
- Intra-department communication and employees' reaction to organizational change: The moderating effect of emotional intelligence
Chaoying Tang, Yunxia Gao
Volume: 3 Issue: 2; 2012
View Abstract | HTML | PDF