Journal of Facilities Management is a strategic level journal for Heads of Facilities and Corporate Real Estate. Guided by its international and expert Editorial Board, Journal of Facilities Management publishes high-quality, authoritative, and detailed analysis, briefings and case studies on how facilities can and do play a vital part in helping deliver corporate strategy. This quarterly publication features contributions from leading practitioners and thinkers in the field of Facilities Management, from some of the leading companies, government institutions, and universities in the world. The journal features a combination of theoretical and practical articles, complemented by a wide range of case studies and regular features, identifying key implications for senior practitioners in Facilities Management.
As a subscriber you will read about:
- FM's role in maximizing shareholder value
- New key performance indicators which your company can apply
- Benchmarking your organization with other leading companies on strategic FM issues
- Analysis of emerging trends and best practice in outsourcing
- The latest cost reduction and process improvement initiatives
Published quarterly, the Journal features contributions by leading FM practitioners and thinkers, working at some of the most respected companies, government institutions and universities. Each issue publishes industry articles, briefings, robust research pieces and reviews to examine:
- New and emerging trends in FM
- FM strategies being applied by leading companies and public bodies
- New thinking in FM
- Management techniques and best practice
- Case studies to identify key and direct implications for senior FM practitioners.
- To ensure that the content of Journal of Facilities Management is both relevant to practitioners and of the highest quality, before acceptance for publication each article is subject to rigorous peer review by members of the Journal's Editorial Board.
Journal of Facilities Management publishes:
- Case studies from blue chip companies and government bodies worldwide, detailing their practical experiences, the problems they have encountered and the lessons they have learned.
- Case studies featured in volume 3 include, among others, AstraZeneca, BellSouth, Boeing, Dow Jones, General Services Administration, National Park Service, Nissan Motors, Tesco and the US Army Health Facilities System.
- Practice articles, detailing latest techniques, ideas and strategies employed by the leaders in FM.
- Regular features on project management and outsourcing, giving detailed, practical advice on the very latest - or enhanced - initiatives.
- Research studies from some of the foremost international design and management schools and universities.
Key journal audiences
- Directors of Facilities
- Heads of Corporate Real Estate
- Facilities Managers
- Service Providers
- Heads of Property Services
- Operations Directors
- Heads of Support Services
- Directors of Real Estate
- Site Directors
- Buildings Managers
- Strategic planning
- Performance measurement
- Disaster recovery and business continuity planning
- Life cycle management
- Contracting and procurement
- Project management
- Workplace design and strategy
- Space planning
The Journal of Facilities Management is indexed and abstracted in:
- ABI Inform
- British Library
- Business Source Alumni Edition
- Business Source Complete
- Business Source Corporate
- Business Source Elite
- Business Source Premier
- Cabell's Directory in Economics & Finance and Management
- Current Abstracts
- Executive Daily Brief
- Electronic Collections Online
To find out the usage statistics for this journal please email the publisher
Journal of Facilities Management is available as part of an online subscription to the Emerald Property Management & Built Environment eJournals Collection. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Emerald Property Management & Built Environment eJournals Collection page.
This journal is a member of and subscribes to the
principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics.