Previously published as International Journal of Regulatory Law and Practice
Follow the Table of Contents link above for previous content.
Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance publishes expert analyses, reviews and case studies, as well as applied research on major developments in financial regulation. Its objective is to provide an international forum for the publication of both peer-reviewed practitioner articles and double-blind refereed academic submissions, which are of direct relevance to regulators, policy makers and the financial services industry. All submissions conform to the highest standards of intellectual rigour.
The journal accepts submissions on the following topics:
- The regulation of financial institutions, both nationally and internationally;
- The work of US regulators and their possible implications for European, Asian and African markets, given the dominance of the
- US capital markets and the banking industry;
- The role of the European commission in establishing the single market in financial services;
- Practical aspects of applying financial regulations to one or other sector of the financial services industry;
- Conduct of business regulations;
- Investor protection;
- The impact of major legal judgment on financial regulation and compliance.
The journal consistently publishes authoritative, intelligent articles and research of direct relevance both to banking supervisors and the regulated institutions, addressing:
- what is happening...
- why it's happening...
- where it's happening...
- to whom it's happening...
- and how it impacts the work of compliance professionals
A wide variety of topics are discussed in the journal, including:
- Developing the single market in financial services
- Basel II proposals
- Global stock market
- Risk assessment and management
- Training and competence
- Competition law
- Case law
- Regulatory rule updates and guidelines
- Pension reform
- Fitness and propriety in financial services
- Audit regulation
- Regulation in emerging markets
- Regulation of internet banking
- Cross border regulation
- Capital adequacy
- Compliance costs and benefits
The Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance has emerged as one of the leading and most authoritative journals on the regulation and law governing financial institutions.
- Access articles on the latest thinking, techniques and developments in regulation and compliance
- Compare ideas and experiences with like-minded finance professionals world-wide, through case studies of the problems they encountered and lessons learned
- Review the more important and interesting SRO rule updates, case laws and regulatory bodies' discussion papers, as they are needed
In addition to articles and case studies on the latest thinking and techniques in regulation and compliance, the journal features comment from Joanna Gray on important regulatory rule updates and significant case law developments. It also publishes regulatory bodies' discussion papers and book reviews of relevance to compliance personnel.
With such distinguished past authors as Rt Hon Gordon Brown MP, Sir Howard Davies, M Guy Quaden and Mr Michael Foot - among many others - the Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance provides authoritative, accessible and cutting-edge ideas to financial professionals across the globe.
Key journal audiences
- CFOs and Financial directors
- Auditors and regulators
- Policy makers
- Compliance officers
- Special accountants, bank economists and consultants
- Lawyers specializing in financial management
- Analysts, Accountants and Consultants
- Academics and researchers in economics, finance, risk management
Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance is indexed and abstracted in:
- ABI/INFORM Complete / ABI/INFORM Global / Professional ABI/INFORM Complete (ProQuest)
- Banking Information Source (ProQuest)
- Business Source Alumni Edition / Complete / Complete: Government Edition / Corporate / Corporate (Select Edition) / Corporate Plus / Elite / Premier (EBSCO)
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities in Economics and Finance
- China Risk Net
- Current Abstracts
- Lexis Nexis
- OCLC - Electronic Collections Online
- Professional ProQuest Central / ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- RePEc: Research Papers in Economics
- TOC Premier (EBSCO)
For the latest information on Emerald's Accounting and Finance journals, follow us on Twitter at: http://www.twitter.com/EmeraldAccFin
Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance is available as part of an online subscription to the Emerald Accounting, Finance & Economics eJournals Collection. For more information, please email email@example.com or visit the Emerald Accounting, Finance & Economics eJournals Collection page.
This journal is a member of and subscribes to the
principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics.
- Bank regulation, governance and the crisis: a behavioral finance view
Volume: 20 Issue: 1; 2012
View Abstract | HTML | PDF