For the latest news, publication alerts and debates
Launched in 2010, Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology (JHTT) serves as a scholastic platform in the fields of Hospitality Information Technology and E-Business. It seeks to serve as a bridge between academia and industry through intellectual exchange of ideas, trends and paradigmatic changes underway in the two important and related domains that it addresses.
This journal will accept articles in the field of Hospitality Information Systems and E-Businesses. Coverage includes, but is not limited to:
- E-Marketplaces, electronic distribution channels, or e-Intermediaries
- Internet or m-commerce business models
- Self service technologies
- E-Procurement in supply chain management
- Social dynamics of communication on the Internet
- Relationship Development and Retention: CRM, Email Marketing, Personalization etc.
- Electronic governance (e.g., Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) Compliance, Payment Card Industry Compliance)
- Security and privacy of transactions and information
- Mobile/Wireless technologies in commerce
- Terrorism and tourism
- IT control and preparation for disaster
- IT in medical tourism and travel
- Virtual presence and virtual reality applications
- Word of Mouth: Social Web, Consumer Generated Media etc.
- Technology and Law: Trademarks, Copyright, Brand Protection etc.
- Cross-Cultural differences in Technology Leverage and Use
- Global Positions Systems (GPS) and Location-Based services
- Biometric applications
- Business intelligence visualization
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) applications
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) of business systems
- Space Hospitality (e.g., space hotels, space travel, etc.)
- Technology in New Product Development: Guest Rooms, Lobbies, Interior Design etc.
- JHTT is the only journal dedicated solely for research in technology and e-business in tourism and hospitality and tourism.
- JHTT promises quick reviews and publication of articles, essential in a field that is always in a state of flux and change
- JHTT aims to appeal to academics, graduate students, industry professionals and technology vendors.
Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology is Indexed and Abstracted in:
- ABI/INFORM Complete
- ABI/INFORM Global
- Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) Journal Quality List - B ranking
- British Library
- Cabell's Marketing Directory
- Hospitality & Tourism Index™
- Hospitality & Tourism Complete™
- ProQuest Central
Subscribers to Emerald Management Plus will automatically receive access to new and acquired titles, as and when we add them to our collection. For further information please contact email@example.com
Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology is available as part of an online subscription to the Emerald Tourism & Hospitality eJournals Collection. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Emerald Tourism & Hospitality eJournals Collection page.
This journal is a member of and subscribes to the
principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics.
- Information technology applications and competitive advantage in hotel companies
Anil Bilgihan, Fevzi Okumus, Khaldoon “Khal” Nusair, David Joon-Wuk Kwun
Volume: 2 Issue: 2;
View Abstract | HTML | PDF