The Journal of Knowledge Management is a peer-reviewed publication dedicated to the exchange of the latest academic research and practical information on all aspects of managing knowledge in organizations. The journal publishes original research and case studies by academic, business and government contributors on strategies, tools, techniques and technologies for Knowledge Management. The focus of this journal is on the identification of innovative Knowledge Management strategies and the application of theoretical concepts to real-world situations.
The Journal of Knowledge Management has received its first Impact Factor of 1.248 in the Thomson Reuters Social Sciences Citation Index.
The Journal of Knowledge Management covers all the key issues in its field including:
- Developing an appropriate culture and communication strategy
- Integrating learning and knowledge infrastructure
- Knowledge management and the learning organization
- Information organization and retrieval technologies for improving the quality of knowledge
- Linking knowledge management to performance initiatives
- Retaining knowledge - human and intellectual capital
- Using information technology to develop knowledge management
- Knowledge management and innovation
- Measuring the value of knowledge already within an organization
- What lies beyond knowledge management?
As a subscriber to the Journal of Knowledge Management, you will be able to:
- Advance your understanding of knowledge management as an organizational core competency.
- Learn how to put knowledge management to work to gain competitive advantages.
- Explore implementation techniques via case studies.
- Share knowledge through debate and information exchange.
- Find out how to overcome the main barriers to knowledge management.
- Benchmark your current knowledge management practices against best practice organizations.
- Develop a research agenda to inform policy making and management decisions.
- Assess new directions in knowledge management.
Key journal audiences
- Academics and researchers in the field at universities and business schools
- Chief executives
- Managing directors
- Chief knowledge officers
- Information technology directors and managers
- Strategic development and planning managers
- Quality managers and directors
- Human resource managers and directors
- Intellectual asset managers
- Benchmarking managers
- Libraries and information centres serving the needs of the above
The Journal of Knowledge Management is indexed and abstracted in:
- Emerald Management Reviews
- Aslib - The Association for Information Management
- Cabell's Management Directory
- Current Contents/Social and Behavioral Sciences (CC/S&BS)
- Fulltext Sources Online
- Information Sciences Abstracts
- OCLC's Electronic Collections Online
- Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI)
To find out the usage statistics for this journal please email the publisher
Journal of Knowledge Management is available as part of an online subscription to the Emerald Information & Knowledge Management eJournals Collection. For more information, please email email@example.com or visit the Emerald Information & Knowledge Management eJournals Collection page.
This journal is a member of and subscribes to the
principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics.
* 2012 Journal Citation Reports® (Thomson Reuters, 2013)
- Factors affecting knowledge management success: the fit perspective
Chun-Ming Chang, Meng-Hsiang Hsu, Chia-Hui Yen
Volume: 16 Issue: 6; 2012
View Abstract | HTML | PDF