For the latest news, publication alerts and debates, join our online communities:
Qualitative Market Research: An International Journal aims to further the frontiers of knowledge and understanding of qualitative market research and its applications, exploring many contemporary issues and developments in marketing.
Examples of areas covered include:
- qualitative perspectives of relationships & complexities in buyer & supplier behaviour;
- commissioning & selling qualitative research;
- research design processes;
- questionaire enquiry & interviewing, focus groups, projective & enabling techniques;
- sampling techniques for qualitative research, data handling & interpretation;
- sources of bias & interviewer effect;
- applications of information technology;
- use of qualitative research to enhance quantitative work;
- stimulus material for use in research on advertising;
- packaging & new product development;
- interdisciplinary applications eg sociology, economics and cultural studies; and from related fields in psychoanalysis, phenomenology, discourse analysis, ethnography, semiotics & grounded theory;
- analysis & case studies from public & private, profit & not-for-profit sectors;
- international marketing research;
- contemporary developments in the literature;
- ethical & legislative implications in data privacy & control.
The journal aims to break new ground by raising awareness of the dichotomy of principles and practices in research in an analytical and practical way.
Qualitative Market Research is indexed and abstracted in:
- Emerald Management Reviews
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities in Accounting, Economics and Finance
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities in Management and Marketing
- CNRS (France)
- CPI Digest
- Electronic Collections Online
- FNEGE (France)
- Management and Marketing Abstracts
- Social Research Methodology Database
- WARC Market Research Abstracts
- Zetoc (British Library)
Qualitative Market Research is available as part of an online subscription to the Emerald Marketing eJournals Collection. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Emerald Marketing eJournals Collection page.
This journal is a member of and subscribes to the
principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics.