For the latest news, publication alerts and debates, join our online communities:
The world of children and young adults is more diverse and fast-changing than any other demographic group. It is essential to keep up with the latest thinking, research and new advertising and marketing approaches.
Young Consumers is a quarterly research journal providing the latest ideas on consumption practices in children and young people. We publish on all aspects of commercial communications and marketing as well as economic and consumer socialization.
The journal draws on the very best academic research and the consumer insights of children and youth marketers, advertising agencies, and market researchers. It provides practical guidance through industry initiatives, legal briefings and case studies together with the latest ideas in papers that represent fundamental new thinking.
Young Consumers offers ideas, insights and information on key issues across the whole youth market, from the initial stages of preparing for parenthood to kids, tweenies, teenagers and young people up to the age of 24. It offers a depth and breadth of knowledge and valuable data that is unobtainable elsewhere. It is the only publication embracing research by practitioners and academics that covers social issues involving children as young consumers.
The young people’s marketplace is fast-moving and characterized by an increasingly sophisticated and brand-aware audience. Topical articles and the latest research findings keep you in touch with what youth are thinking and doing.
- Draws on expert knowledge from around the world to keep you in touch with the new thinking, trends and best practice from the US, Europe and other key markets
- Keeps you up to date with the latest regulatory requirements and developments
- Has the backing of a highly prestigious international editorial advisory board
- The only journal to explore how children and young people interact with the commercial world
Key Journal Audiences
The journal is written and read by academics and practitioners working in the youth consumer market including:
- Kids and youth marketers
- Advertising agencies
- Youth consumer behaviour
- New product development
- Child and adolescent development
- Children and technology
- Responsible marketing
- Youth trends
- Children’s media
- Industry initiatives
- Ethical and regulatory issues
Indexed and abstracted in
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities in Management and Marketing
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities in Psychology and Psychiatry
- EBSCO (Business Source Complete)
- EBSCO (TOC Premier)
- Electronic Collections Online
- Zetoc (British Library)
Young Consumers is available as part of an online subscription to the Emerald Marketing eJournals Collection. For more information, please email email@example.com or visit the Emerald Marketing eJournals Collection page.
This journal is a member of and subscribes to the
principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics.
- Dependency on smartphone and the impact on purchase behaviour
Ding Hooi Ting, Suet Fong Lim, Tanusina Siuly Patanmacia, Ca Gie Low and Gay Chuan Ker
Volume: 12 Issue: 3; 2011
View Abstract | HTML | PDF