Call for Reviewers
International Journal of Emergency Services - Call for Reviewers
The editorial team of the International Journal of Emergency Services (IJES) would like to invite you to review research papers for the journal.
Launching in 2012, IJES provides a platform for the development of scholarship in the management of all emergency services both universal services such as Fire and Rescue, Police, and Ambulance services as well as more specialised services such as the Coastguard, Air-Sea or Mountain Rescue.
Scholars with expertise in a variety of disciplines are encouraged to serve as reviewers. This includes but is not limited to:
• Theoretical and methodological foundation of emergency response services.
• Accountability and governance of emergency services.
• Staff functioning within, and leadership, of emergency services
• Organisational and structural issues in the running of emergency services
• Measurement, management and monitoring of performance of emergency services
• Preparation, planning and contingencies in the responses to emergencies
• Training, development and continuous professional development of operational and non-operational staff.
• The contribution that emergency services makes to the wider social, economic and environmental concerns.
• The effectiveness efficiency or value of international responses to emergencies.
• Leadership domains in international responses across multiple nations and agencies
• Cultural variances of emergency management in relation to global responses.
• The interrelationship between the emergency services and critical services in health, criminal justice services, local service delivery, social policy, the impact of volunteerism and the building of social capital.
For more information on IJES please visit: www.emeraldinsight.com/ijes.htm
If you are interested in reviewing articles for IJES please contact the Co-Editors, Ms Vivienne Brunsden and Dr Paresh Wankhade at email@example.com. Please be sure to stipulate the number of reviews you are prepared to undertake, as well as detailing your areas of expertise so that only relevant papers are sent to you.
Reviewing papers gives you access to the most current research methods and findings and is an excellent opportunity to get involved in the journal’s community and contribute to the quality of the research published in IJES.
Please forward this email to any of your peers, colleagues and research students that may be interested in reviewing and/or writing for the journal. Author guidelines can be found at