Strategic Planning: A Practical Guide for Competitive Success (second edition)
To order your copy visit the Emerald Bookstore
Companion website also available featuring access to:
• Case studies
• Analytical tools, including SAM™
• Quiz questions
• and more!
This book is an exceptional treatise on strategic planning for single-business companies that is at once academically rigorous and uncommonly practical. This second edition embodies the Association for Strategic Planning’s “Think—Plan—Act” rubric and aligns with its two certification programs—the Strategic Planning Professional (SPP) and Strategic Management Professional (SMP).
With numerous examples of real companies bringing the concepts to life, the book is further set apart by
• its emphasis on the pervasive role of strategic thinking in strategic planning, including searching for better strategies, business models, opportunities, and “blue oceans.”
• providing original and proven techniques to develop a preferred strategic direction from among several viable ones
• unique software that enables a full analysis of a firm’s financial performance and condition as well as a full strategic analysis
• an internally consistent glossary of over 120 common and commonly misused terms in the strategic-planning field.
This useful, no-nonsense guide to strategic analysis and planning is a great introduction for practitioners to a best practice system for making better choices about the future in a world where discontinuity is the new norm.
About the Author
Dr. Stan Abraham is Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship in the College of Business Administration, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, and President of his own consulting firm, Future By Design, Santa Monica, CA.
In 1999, he co-founded the Association for Strategic Planning (ASP), which has grown to over 800 members in 13 chapters throughout the US. He received ASP’s Distinguished Service Award in 2007 and was inducted into its Hall of Fame in 2008. He also was one of the “pioneers” awarded the Strategic Management Professional (SMP) certification in 2010.
Order your copy now at the Emerald Bookstore!
For inspection or review requests please email email@example.com