Emerald and the International Association for Chinese Management Research (IACMR) are delighted to invite submissions to their Chinese Management Research Fund Award. The winner will receive £2,000 to fund the winning research project and two runners up will receive prizes of £500.
Applications should address the dissemination of knowledge for the social good with a specific orientation toward benefit for mainland China.
The IACMR are pleased to offer the winner(s) a complimentary membership, which will include a subscription to Management and Organization Review, for a limited time of 12 months. To those who are already IACMR members, their membership will be extended by one year beyond their current membership expiration date. Similarly, Emerald will also offer a subscription to Chinese Management Studies, on the same terms.
The main member of the research team must be based in mainland China. Members of IACMR Research Committee are not eligible for application during their term(s) and for two years from the end of the term.
Each application will bejudged, by a panel of experts, on the criteria below. The research must:
• Be of significance, and in particular, illustrate how it will benefit the social good.
• Demonstrate originality and innovation.
• Make an outstanding contribution to theory and its application.
• Illustrate the appropriateness and application of the methodology.
• Demonstrate sound implications for theory and practice.
A research proposal must be submitted using the online application form at:
The following documents will be required electronically:
• A summary stating specific goals, outcomes and benefits of the research. This should not exceed 2,000 words (note that tables, figures, appendices and reference lists, if provided do NOT count to the 2,000 word total)
• A covering letter containing full contact details (affiliation, full address, telephone number/s and e-mail address) for all researchers involved in the project. Please state clearly which researcher will be the main point of contact
The 2,000-word summary must:
• Display clearly a statement of purpose and intent
• State clearly the methodology(ies) applied and explicitly describe the research process
• State expected research outcomes and expected impact and possible application
• Specify the expected timescales of the research process
• Outline projected costs and total research grant required
Please note that the decision of the judges is final. Due to the number of submissions unfortunatley applicants are not entitled to receive feedback on their submissions.
The closing date for applications is 6 January 2014.
Results will be announced in March 2014
For further information or if you have any queries, please contact:
Acedemic Relations Executive
Emerald Group Publishing Limited
Bingley BD16 1WA